2007 to date Managing Director, CoalImP
Managing the Association of Coal Importers and Producers to present, promote and protect the role of coal in the UK
2006 to date Nigel Yaxley, Independent Consultant
Providing a range of independent strategic, marketing and media services to stakeholders in the energy industry,with clients including UK and international mining businesses, UK companies involved in power generation and equipment manufacture, trade unions, legal firms, the UK Government and the European Commission.
2005 to 2007 President, European Association for Coal and Lignite (Euracoal)
Representing coal producers from 14 EU member states and accession countries together with importers and those with other coal interests.
2003 to 2005 Chairman, Confederation of UK Coal Producers (Coalpro)
Leading the indigenous industry’s trade association.
2003 to 2005 Marketing Director (UK COAL)
Responsible for all coal sales, marketing strategy and related policy issues for the company.
2000 to 2003 Board Member, RJB Mining (UK) Ltd (becoming UK COAL Mining Ltd)
Sales and Marketing member of small executive team with responsibility for Generator Sales.
1998 to 2000 Director, Generator Sales (RJB Mining)
Responsibility for Generator Sales, 90% of company’s product.
1995 to 1998 RJB Mining (UK) Ltd Generator Contracts Manager
Responsible to Commercial Director for Generator Sales.
1977 to 1995 British Coal
A progressive career developing from Management Trainee to Manager, Generator Contracts, embracing all facets of sales and marketing focused especially on the electricity industry.
Other Current Roles
- Vice President of Euracoal
- Partner of Energy Edge, a general energy consultancy
- Member of the UK Coal Forum and Steering Group
- Member of the TUC Clean Coal Task Group
- Member of the CBI Energy and Climate Change Committee
Other Past Roles
- Head of Development (Central and Eastern Europe), RecyCoal
- Chairman, Euracoal Market Committee
- President, Coal Industry Society
- Director and Council Member of BCURA (British Coal Utilisation Research Association)
- Commissioner, Blyth Harbour Board